Thursday, June 16, 2011

It Snowed! In TEXAS!

A few days ago, it actually snowed here in San Antonio. Anna had never seen snow that she could remember (we had an ice storm in Oklahoma when she was a baby), so she was absolutely enamored!

I love this expression. It looks like she's thinking, "What IS this stuff?"

DSC_0275

Then suddenly, "OMG its SNOW!!!"

DSC_0278

After that there was no keeping her in one spot. She just ran and ran until the snow turned back into sleet and rain, and I made her come inside.

DSC_0274 (600 x 402)

I remember that feeling as a child, falling in love with every snowfake. I remember being so sad when they melted, like friends lost until the next freeze when they would return in little white puffs raining down to greet me.

What a gift those few minutes were for her. A memory made for always.

No comments:

Post a Comment