Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Autumn Has Arrived.

The Autumn Equinox has come and gone, and left in its wake beautiful weather and the sights and smells of fall all around us.

Anna went on a nature walk through our back yard and arranged all of her findings on a piece of drawing paper the other day.


We had a great time looking at all of the different pieces that she brought in. She loved inspecting each piece individually, looking for anything that made each piece unique.


We have also been cooking a bit lately. I made some Peach Cobbler today using this recipe from Recipe Zaar. Our grocer had a large stock of peaches on sale so we got quite a few. I decided that since today was rainy and cool and the first day of really chilly weather for fall, it was a good day to make this lovely warm dessert. It was absolutely delicious.


Last, but certainly not least, I wanted to share a photo with you of Kevin and Abbi out by the fire pit last night. It was the first night of the season that we lit it up, and it was so incredibly amazing to cuddle up together and let the warmth of the fire warm us. There is nothing like the smell of firewood to really solidify the fact that autumn is here.


What signifies the start of fall for you? Happy Autumn everyone!

6 comments:

  1. I love the photo of your hubby and Abi. It's so sweet. RecipeZaar has great recipes.

    What signifies the start of fall for me: cooler weather, the light this time of year is pretty amazing, leaves starting change, the smell of the air changes, too. As much as I love the Spring and Summer, there are some Autumny foods that I really like; such as root veggies, pumpkin muffins (or bread), being able to bake and not die from the heat, switching back to hot tea and coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like great ways to kick off fall...i love cobbler...any kind. we've been enjoying the windows being open, the sound of acorns falling, and the leaves just starting to turn. Happy autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is definitely my favorite time of year... I know it's all starting when the evenings come earlier, football games, a nice chill in the mornings, the weather being cool enough that I can bake, the leaves starting to turn! Bring on Fall I say!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cobbler looks great. Autumn has definitely arrived when I can bake without thinking I'm crazy for heating the kitchen up, and also when we have to pull some blankets out for the chilly evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel all cozy inside just reading your post!...Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful family pictures.... so glad you're posting again, I have missed you. What signifies the start of Fall for me.... being able to wear a sweatshirt and not ROAST!

    ReplyDelete