Thursday, January 28, 2010

Green Smoothies

I am planning to start up my green smoothie regimen again (hoping to get a juicer though, so its less... chunky).

I recently found this recipe from Dr. Oz (ala the Oprah Show).

1/2 lemon
1 lime
1 bunch parsley
1 head celery
2 cups spinach
1/2 inch peeled ginger
2 cups cucumber or 1 medium cucumber
2 apples

Do you have any favorite green smoothie recipes? I like sweet, and will probably add juice of some kind (orange, pineapple, etc) to help even things out a bit for me.

2 comments:

  1. For my green smoothie, I've been doing a handful of fresh spinach, a grapefruit, maybe some blueberries or grapes or strawberries, water if it needs it or a splash of OJ, and I add wheat germ to mine. Honey if it needs sweetness.

    here's to yummy smoothies!

    ReplyDelete