Thursday, June 16, 2011

Bruschetta, RTH Style

I have been craving Bruschetta ever since I had it at dinner the night Rachel and I went to Rent in March of 2009. That's right... a year ago. A whole YEAR. I have been craving this like mad! It has been so very hard to find fresh basil here. I finally gave up and found an alternative, and couldn't have been happier! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

DSC_0083

INGREDIENTS:

~ Fresh bread, cut into slices
~ Butter for back-sides of bread
~ Jar of pesto sauce (I used Classico)
~ Fresh tomatoes
~ Mozarella cheese

DIRECTIONS:

~ Preheat oven to 450*
~ Butter back sides of bread and place on a baking sheet
~ Chop tomatoes in small pieces. Stir in 2 Tbs. pesto with every lg. tomato used.
~ Spread pesto on top side of bread, and top with tomatoes
~ Sprinkle generously with mozarella
~ Bake 5-10 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted and cheese is melted.

This is another super-simple recipe that packs a wonderful punch of flavor, and is suited to impress. Eat as a meal, or as a side dish. Works well as an appetizer too!

This is one of my favorite dishes. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! As always, I love to hear if you use one of my recipes. I enjoy reading your reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment