Thursday, June 16, 2011

The "Infamous" Cheese Balls

I made these cheese balls for a party recently and got such rave reviews (read: demands for more, and threats against my life if I didn't produce them in a timely manner) that i felt I should share the recipe for any of you who wanted to risk such a thing yourselves!

DSC_0066

These were such a happy accident. I was in a hurry and had forgotten a few things at the store for the original recipe from Recipe Zaar. I had to make do with what I had, and create something all my own. This is how it went:

INGREDIENTS:

~ 2 pkgs cream cheese
~ 2 Tbs. minced garlic
~ 3 oz beef jerky (I just used "original" flavor)
~ 1 to 1-1/2 cups honey mustard and onion pretzels (I used Snyder's of Hannover)

DIRECTIONS:

~ Mix together cream cheese and garlic by mashing well with a fork.
~ Refrigerate 30 min if the cheese has gotten too soft to work with.
~ Roll into 1" balls, and refrigerate until topping is finished.
~ While the balls are refrigerating, place beef jerky and pretzels into food processor and process until it resembles fine crumbs.
~ Pour jerky/pretzel mixture onto a plate or flat surface.
~ Get balls out of the fridge, and start rolling them in the jerky/pretzel mixture.
~ Refrigerate until ready to serve.
~ Easiest to serve with tooth picks poked in or at the ready for guests to use.

* These are so simple, but I just love them, and already have "orders" for more. Have fun and enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment