Thursday, June 16, 2011

SparkPeople

Yes, I'm one of "those" people now. Its not my fault, I promise. ;)

When one of my wonderful members over at the RTH message board (*cough*kellymcdonald*cough*) posted that she'd started a Reclaiming the Home group over at SparkPeople, I had to join right? I mean its my group, and I should be involved with it in all its capacities... right?

So its not really that all the sudden I'm all gung-ho about dieting (eeek! The "D" word!), or exercising (AHH! The E word!), or even that I feel ready to make a big commitment.

Its really just that I need a change, and I know I need to get healthy. Why not now? I didn't have a good answer, and this little nudge seemed to be a good one, so I went with it.

I was talking to my mom last night about something completely unrelated and she said something pretty wise. She said that with most things in life it can be simply dumbed down to one of two answers. It either IS or it ISN'T.

So... when I saw this come up today, I said to myself, "Self, is what you're doing working for you, or is it not?" Not.

And there you have it. The very brilliant, deep discussion that led me to this life changing point. Sometimes simple is good.

If you want to see what I'm up to and follow along in my progress (or beat me with a wet noodle when I don't update SP for a week and eat candy), then check out my SparkPage here. I'd love it if you would join up too, so we can mourn the loss of everything wonderful and lazy and delicious together.

If you do join, the RTH group can be found here.

In the mean time, I have written a haiku to mourn my beloved Coca Cola, which shall be the first change that I make, kicking and screaming, in this horrid journey toward better health. Er... I mean, yay healthy!


Sugar and caffeine

Red with bubbles and syrup

You are mine no more


*Angst.*

No comments:

Post a Comment